Re: [SQU] squid and ldap module

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:29:54 +1100

Uhmm. Just a point of terminology... from squid 2.5 and on, the authentication type should be mentioned to avoid confusion. ie

"All basic authentication helpers" can be used from the commandline.
I mention this because the NTLM ones can't be used from the commandline (unles you are willing to decode Base64 encoded binary
challenges and carry out the three way handshake....)
Likewise for Digest helpers, the response from a hand run helper is fairly meaningless.

It might be a good idea for us all to start being specific now, as early adopters are using NTLM now, and may use digest when it's
released.

Rob