[SQU] Unable to reach news servers through SQUID

From: STADELMANN Patrick <patrick.stadelmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:46:32 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm novice with SQUID and I wonder if SQUID proxy is able to forward other
requests than HTTP?

Actually, all stations in our network are behind a firewall. The SQUID proxy
server is the only one who has direct access to Internet. In this way, all
clients stations need to use the proxy to surf and are unreacheable from
outside. Unfortunately with this configuration, the clients are not able to
access news, pop3 or ftp servers directly!

Can I configure SQUID to forward NNTP or POP3 client request?

Thanks

Patrick