[SQU] Maximum size of cache-dir not honoured.

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:55:43 +0100 (MEZ)

Dear List,

I've two squid's 2.4 devel 4 running under linux.

I cannot tell exactly right now which subversion of 2.4 devel 4
is used (but the two squids are exactly equal).

However, one of the squids regularly exceeds its cache-dir size, bumps
against disk full and crashes (until sysadmin intervention to clean the
cache-dir).

This squid has actually three cache-dir (ufs) entries spread over three
disks.

The other squid installation does not have this problem. It does however
only use a single cache-dir.

At first glance it seems squid sums up the max cache-size for the three
dirs and wants to pump all this in dir one. Interestingly enough it
doesn't seem to cache anything in the two other dirs (only creates the
empty paging dir hierarchy)

Is this a known issue? Any known workarounds (would specifying only a
single cache dir 'definitely' help (sic))? Is it resolved recently, s.t.
it makes sense to install a new devel version to resolve the issue.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on