[SQU] Size of cache

From: Joseph Haig <jhaig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:08:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I have recently started using squid for a small network of three
machines. Having a 75Mb hard-disk doing nothing I decided to dedicated it
to containing the cache which I set to be 70Mb. The disk is now nearly
95% full and I notice that of the 16 directories at the top level of the
cache hiarachy, squid is using exclusively directory 00. I am now a
little concerned that squid is expecting potentially 16 times the
availably disk space. What is happening and do I have anything to worry
about?

Thanks,

Joe.