Re: [SQU] CARP and HTCP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:47:30 +0100

HTCP is another cache-peering protocol like ICP but with more
information exchanged. See the internet draft in the doc directory for
details on the protocol.

CARP is a method for distributing objects amongs an array of caches, and
can be used both in clients to select which cache to request the object
from, inside cache arrays to route objects between the array members to
maximize hit ratio, and between cache arrays for peering. Squid as of
yet only supports 50% of the CARP specification (the hashing algorithm,
not the CARP table). For more information on CARP, see the internet
draft available from www.wrec.org

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker