Re: [SQU] How do you get a sibling proxy to store PARENT_HIT files in cache?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:52:17 +0100

Sounds like the right method. PARENT_HIT objects are supposed to be
automatically cached unless you have configured Squid not to by using
the proxy-only cache_peer option.

As you are in transition from one cache to another, it is recommended to
switch from a parent relation to a sibling relation after a while. This
will give you a clearer picture of how useful the cache of the old
server is, and will cause the request rate to the old system to decline
as the usefullness of it's cache expires.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker