[SQU] How do you get a sibling proxy to store PARENT_HIT files in cache?

From: Daniel Knights <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:28:56 +1100

Hi all,
I've searched around in the archive for an answer to this question with no
luck:

We currently are running two proxy servers over two sub-networks. One proxy
is used more but has 5Gigs of cache, this one being the parent cache, and
the sibling has a 30gig cache.

We need to keep both on-line but wish to fill up the sibling's cache with
the cached files in the parent.

So how do you get a sibling proxy to hold files in its cache upon
successfully recieving a PARENT_HIT ? Or does this happen automatically.
I've tried the line in the conf file:

cache_peer baron.hwy.com.au parent 3128 3130

>From this it did receive alot of hits on the parent cache, although the
cache on sibling has taken along time to grow and has seem to have stopped.
I'm trying with this added now:

cache_peer baron.hwy.com.au parent 3128 3130 default

Watching the access.log I can see that all still looks well, but I'm still
not sure if this is the right way to go about this.

Is there anybody out there knowledgable to help me on this one?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Daniel
Daniel Knights daniel@hwy.com.au
Highway Internet Services ABN: 14 088 130 269
Part of the LiSP Group http://www.hwy.com.au
Servicing the Dubbo, Mudgee, Coonabarabran, Gilgandra, Warren,
Wellington and NOW in **** SYDNEY ****
Enquiries 02 6372 3645 129 Market St, Mudgee 2850