[SQU] making SSL go direct (was RE: [SQUI] SQUID as IRC proxy???)

From: M. Yu <myu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:49:33 +0800

Thanks to everyone who responded. The way I see it, I basically have only 1
option and that is to disable SSL ports and CONNECT.

My thinking is that, since CONNECT and the SSL ports are only used by
SSL-encrypted connections, I can merely remove the appropriate lines to
disable them. I don't want SSL connections to be made through the proxy
since Squid can't cache them anyway. But if I'm following your explanations
correctly, if I disable SSL ports and CONNECT, my browsers won't be able to
connect via https.

So, what ACL (if there is any) should I use to make all SSL connections go
direct to the server instead of going through the proxy (as compared to
outright disabling SSL connections)?

TIA,

M. Yu