Re: [SQU] two ISP on two ethernet adapters

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:03:13 +0100

At 10:27 AM 1/16/01 +0100, Maillist wrote:
>For my company I need two solve the following problem:
>We do have two ISP on two ethernet adapters. How can I set up Squid
>(2.3Stable2) in that way that it chooses the ISP (and therefore ethernet
>adapter) depending on the port the request came from?
>
>Network overview:
>
> Intranet: <-- eth0
> eth1 --> ISP 1
> eth2 --> ISP 2
>
>All devices to belong to the same subnet.

This is not possible. When the subnets are different there is no problem.
The OS just select the interface based on the shortest route.

>If you do have any idea how to do this (or where to look), please answer.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
> Jens Potthast

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int (PGP capable)
Tactical ATM: +31 70 3148183 / 71183