Re: Problem of Squid on Linux Redhat 6.2

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:43:57 +0800

Henrik,

This morning problem came again. It just 1 week after FRESH installation of
LINUX + Squid. In my last installation I changed VGA and Ethernet card. I
run in text mode and set the cache dir to 3 GB.

Linux seems OK, I can login and do normal operation. Squid could be loaded
and run as daemon (as well as non daemon). But client cannot use the squid
as their proxy. Because there is no respons from the requested pages (until
timeout) if we set the proxy setting. If we run browser without proxy
setting, everything run OK except it is much slower that use Squid.

I assume that Linux is not corrupt or got problem. The problem is the Squid
itself (specially it's cache). As I read your article in FAQ, that we should
not set "async I/O" if we use IDE Harddisk.

Please advise. Thx

Best Regards,

Awie
awie@eksadata.com