Re: Problem of Squid on Linux Redhat 6.2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:00:50 +0100

Defenitely smells like a hardware problem, but your problem description
is a bit vague... it is either a hardware problem, or perhaps the
machine seriously runs out of free disk space. The "monitor blinking"
symptom might be X trying to start but failing due to out of disk
space..

Quick check: On the LILO prompt, type
  linux single

then look around the system, especially the available disk space.

If booting single user does not work, then you most likely have a HW
problem.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker