Re: [SQU] Transparency: WCCP vs L4

From: M. Yu <myu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:27:27 +0800

I know where the guy works so I *assumed* some things. One thing I like
about switches doing load-balancing stuff is that you don't have to hit your
border router (which I assume is heavily loaded because of where the guy
works). As soon as the data reaches the switch (which happens anyway for
ANY data), it gets shunted out the correct port instead of going to the
border router and back into the switch again.

M. Yu