Re: [SQU] linux 2.4 tuning for squid

From: Paonia Ezrine <paonia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:01:33 -0500 (EST)

Well I spend the afternoon looking into this and learned a few things.
1. /proc/sys/fs/inode-max disapeared.
2. in 2.4 the value of: tcp_max_syn_backlog and ip_local_port_range
depends on if you have over 128 megs of ram or not. I am guessing big
squid boxs with more then 128 megs of ram will be fine. If you realy need
tcp_max_syn_backlog bigger then 1024 the defualt for systems with more
then 128megs of ram. Look at notes in
linux/Documention/networking/ip-sysctl.txt

3. tcp_fin_timeout is adjusted down and is likly to be
fine for most people.

if anyone find anything else please let me know.
thanks
Paonia