RE: [SQU] Why a core dump in cache disk?

From: Jai Lamerton <jlamerto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:00:48 +1100 (EST)

I have never used gdb before... I have just installed it and typed the
command you suggested. I'm not sure what i'm looking for.

I got:
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "alphaev56-dec-osf4.0e"...
Core was generated by `squid'.
Reading symbols from /usr/shlib/libm.so...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/shlib/libc.so...done.
#0 0x3ff800d63ac in strcmp () from /usr/shlib/libc.so

This core I got again today. The other thing I noticed was in the
cache.log I have:
2001/01/23 00:00:27| accessLogRotate: Rotating
2001/01/23 04:21:39| Starting Squid Cache version 2.3.STABLE4 for
alpha-dec-osf4.0...

At 0:00 hours the logs are rotated. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Jai Lamerton.