Re: [SQU] being driven nuts by a forwarding loop

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:34:02 +0100

Does not matter. What matters is when the browser uses it as a proxy.
The browser CANNOT use it as a proxy for the accelerated sites, unless
you use a redirector helper to redirect such URL's to the accelerated
server.

The httpd_accel_host directive only sees request not sent as proxy
requests by the browser.

The configuration to not use it as a proxy for accelerated sites is done
in the browsers (either manually, or via the PAC file). There is nothing
you can do in squid.conf to tell clients when to use Squid as a proxy or
not.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker