[SQU] Authentication in 2.3-STABLE4

From: Bruno Guerreiro <bruno.guerreiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:36:03 -0000

Hi all,
I've looked in the FAQ and in the auth_modules pages and couldnīt find a way
to do is. I donīt even know if it is possible.
I would like to know if it is possible to make the authentication invisible
for the proxy users, i.e., based on the username at the client (win95,98,NT4
with MSIE or Netscape in a NT Domain) and together maybe with the SMB
auth_module, without requiring any input from the user?
Maybe with an Identd server installed in every workstation?
Does anyone know if this can be done in the Squid.conf or at Browser level?

Best Regards,

Bruno Guerreiro