Re: [SQU] Why a core dump in cache disk?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:30:37 +0100

Jai Lamerton wrote:

> I hope you don't mind that I don't know anything about debugging... Here
> is the info you requested.
>
> It was compiled on OSF1's cc. Could compile it with gcc if thats better.
> the version is: squid-2.3-200010300000
>
> acl snmppublic snmp_community public
> snmp_access allow snmppublic rubios # this is my box
> snmp_access deny all

and how is the acl rubios defined?

More GDB commands:

frame 1
print *list->acl
print *list->next->acl
frame 4

and did you get any messages in cache.log when it crashed?

but so far it looks like Squid failed to process a SNMP packet and then
crashed in access controls. As a temporary workaround, please change
snmp_access to have the ACL's listed the other way around.

snmp_access allow rubios snmppublic

This way only packets matching the acl "rubios" will be allowed to crash
Squid..

I usually do not use any snmp_community acls for SNMP access controls,
but then I have my snmp port bound to only listen on the loopback
interface.. (127.0.0.1), and no user accounts on the proxy server..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker