Re: [SQU] virus scanner, how to implement?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:53:51 +0100

Squid cannot (yet) directly call a virus scanner. However, it can
forward requests via a virus scanner capable of HTTP proxying.

One often quoted setup is

Squid with cache -> virus checker -> small squid without cache

The inner Squid with cache can optionally have URL pattern lists that
bypasses virus checking for performance reasons, if such patterns can be
found which is trusted to not match any content with viruses.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker