RE: [SQU] Passing Username, Password and URL to authenticate prog ram

From: Kieran Skinner <kieran.skinner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:39:24 -0000

Hi Rob,

Basically I want to accelerate for multiple servers, with different users
able to access different servers.

The accelerated servers are on a mish mash of different hardware/software
platforms so it will be easier for me to manager the user access centrally,
through squid and a user database. Hopefully, this will also mean that the
skills requird to administer the webservers may be lower.

Henrick pointed out that the Redirector helpers would recieve both username
and url. So I guess I could authenticate username and password with an
authentication program, then use the redirector to redirect the user to an
error page if they try to access a server they are not supposed to. This
could work but would be a bit messy.

Maybee there are some other tricks to give me this functionality.

Kieran