Re: [SQU] Passing Username, Password and URL to authenticate program

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:25:40 +1100

Dead easy.

Compile squid with AUTHENTICATE_ON_ACCEL (see the list yesterday or thereabouts - Henrik posted the exact steps). That will give
you authenticated acceleration capability.

From memory (and I may be wrong) you can also use url/url_regex/dst/dst_domain acl's with acceleration.

So....

acl group1 proxy_auth john fred mary
acl group2 proxy_auth stephen mary joseph
acl server1 dst_domain server1.domain.com
acl server2 dst_domain server2.domain.com
acl server3 dst_domain server1.domain2.com

http_access allow group1 server1
http_access allow group1 server3
http_access allow group2 server2
http_access allow group2 server3

voila! no redirector, no alterations to squid :-]

Rob