Re: [SQU] squid dead but subsys locked

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:29:59 -0800 (PST)

> 1. When I try to start squid at the script in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d he say
> starting squid:squid

> 2. Inmediatily i make a status and he say squid
> pid(3106) is running...
> and in the second line he say squid: ERROR: No
> running copy

> 3. Later seconds at the foourth time that i do
> status he say squid dead
> but subsys locked
> and in the second line squid:ERROR:No running
> copy

Hi, ok, here are the answers to your questions:

as for your first question, this response is normal,
since it is telling you that the squid proram is
running.

As for the second question, the solution is easy. when
squid runs, it locks the PID of the current squid
process. This can be deleted by going into the
directory "/var/subsys/locks" and deleting the PID
file to unlock the pid, then re-run squid.

This should then cure your third question.

Hope that helps,
Regards,

Thomas Adam
re: thomas_adam16@yahoo.com

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com