Re: [SQU] Copying log file

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:01:13 -0600

Awie,

These are not Squid questions, at all. These are general Linux, Unix,
and Windows questions--and would be better answered on lists devoted to
those subjects. (And 1.38MB would be a very small access.log, indeed.
If you have any reasonable amount of usage on your cache, you will see
much larger log files than that. We've had logs hit the 2GB filesize
limitation of Linux 2.2 between weekly rotations--the rotations had to
be changed to twice weekly.)

But I'll try to point you in the right direction.

1. man tar (option -L in particular, will probably do something for you)
2. man samba, fs, mount, nfs, ftp, mtools, etc.
3. man logrotate

Also, have you tried the Linux Documentation Project? There you will
find a vast collection of really good documentation covering all manner
of Linux topics (including all of the ones you're dealing with now).

http://www.linuxdoc.org

Hope this helps.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>