Re: [SQU] acl quick question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:53:58 +0100

Drash, Jim [EESUS] wrote:

> So initially, /etc/squid/limited will be empty and an external process
> will add lines to this file and delete lines from this file. Will
> squid pick up these changes dynamically or will I have to "reload"
> squid to pick up the changes?

You have to "reconfigure" squid to make the changes effective.

I have a patch to add selective ACL reloads to the cachemgr interface.
See http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/patch-old.html (search for "refresh
ACL lists"). This allows you to do this reload automatically using the
client program.

The patch is rejected because it is not the proper approach to add this
to the cachemgr interface. When I find time to I hope to make a more
proper implementation that automatically triggers on changes to the
included files instead of requiring cachemgr actions.

/Henrik