[SQU] acl quick question

From: Drash, Jim [EESUS] <JDrash@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:10:10 -0500

Will this work?
I want to limit access to certain resources via squid by source IP address.
I have defined acl thusly:

acl LIMITED_OK src "/etc/squid/limited"
acl LIMITED_URL url_regex -i <This is defined appropriately>

http_access allow LIMITED_OK LIMITED_URL

This all works.

My question is will this work if I have an external process the lines in
/etc/squid/limited ?

So initially, /etc/squid/limited will be empty and an external process will
add lines to this file and delete lines from this file. Will squid pick up
these changes dynamically or will I have to "reload" squid to pick up the
changes?

thanks in advance,

jim drash
<jdrash@eesus.jnj.com>