Re: [SQU] Dial pad

From: Russell Mosemann <mose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:33:30 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:

> I use to telefon with the United States through "Dial-Pad", a site on the
> Internet which allows to dial a telefon. If I use Dial-Pad directly, everythink
> is OK. If I go to the site through a proxy using Squid, I get the site but
> cannot connect to the telefon.

I don't think this is a squid problem. When you login to dialpad.com, it
downloads a java program to your PC. The java program makes connections
in or out on ports 51200, 51201 and 51210. So, your PC must still have
direct access to the Internet, even if the web stuff goes through squid.
We have not noticed any problems here accessing dialpad.com through squid.
On a side note, Internet Explorer 5.5 does not appear to work with dialpad
on Windows 2000 or ME.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"This message was manufactured with 80% post-consumer electrons."