Re: [SQU] Questions

From: Martin A. Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:51:47 +0000

At 08:34 02/02/01 +0800, Awie wrote:
>Martin,
>
>The problem is Squid is not loaded but it SEEMS be loaded. I had to load it
>2-3 times before it run.

If Squid fails to start it's usually fairly verbose as to why in its log
files. It's also worth noting that Squid may not instantly starts up and
be available. For example, on my home system, a completely fresh Squid
install takes over 45 seconds to start up. Most of this time is while it
checks the cache.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks