[SQU] Filedescriptors on linux 2.4 systems

From: William Wishon <bill.wishon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:49:36 -0800

Is there any difference in how to increase the maximum number of
filedescriptors squid can use on Linux between a 2.2.x kernel and the 2.4.x
kernels? I tried the steps listed on Henrik's site at
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/linux-lfd.html but it didn't work. The
configure script says that FD_SETSIZE is set to 8192 but then warns me that
256 might not be enough filedescriptors for a large system? What else do I
have to do in order to have squid use more than 256 FD's?

-Bill