Re: [SQU] Filedescriptors on linux 2.4 systems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 01:37:32 +0100

There is no change in 2.4.

What is your setting of ulimit -Hn?

Which version of libc are you using?

I do not know of any reasonably modern Linux system who limits the
filedescriptors to 256. All Linux system based on Linux-2.2 or later
should at least give you 1024 filedescriptors out of the box. The 256
limit was in Linux-2.0 and earlier.

uname -r

prints the kernel version you are running.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker