RE: [SQU] Filedescriptors on linux 2.4 systems

From: William Wishon <bill.wishon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:38:19 -0800

Henrik,

I'm using:
 ulimit -HSn 8192

 uname -r says:
2.4.1

I have libc version:

/lib/libc.so.6 is a symlink to /lib/libc.so.2.1.2s

and configure output this message:

checking Default FD_SETSIZE value... 8192
checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can open... 256
        WARNING: 256 may not be enough filedescriptors if your
        cache will be very busy. Please see the FAQ page
        http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#filedescriptors
        on how to increase your filedescriptor limit

I followed your note online and did make clean and deleted config.cache
before rebuilding. I don't seem to have a /usr/include/linux/limits.h
though, would that be a problem? and would you know why I might not have
that?

-Bill