Re: [SQU] enable-ipf-transparent necessary?

From: Wyman Eric Miles <wymanm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:54:40 -0600 (CST)

Hmmm. These are two conflicting answers.

It was working fine without that configure option, at least for a small
network. When I throw it open to all 2000 hosts, it works for about 10-20
minutes, then nothing. I believe that's actually the NetEnforcer and not
squid, however.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Wyman Eric Miles wrote:
>
> > Is enable-ipf-transparent necessary, then? It doesn't seem to be.
> > Further, I can't get squid to compile anyway--the varargs problem is
> > solved, but the redec of 'Counters' isn't. Any ideas?
>
> If you need a ip-filter redirect rule, then --enable-ipf-transparent is
> also required for proper operation.
>
> To solve the Counters issue, get a 2.4-HEAD snapshot release, or wait
> for 2.4.STABLE1.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker

Wyman Miles
Senior Systems Administrator, Rice University, Texas.
(713) 348-5827, e-mail:wymanm@rice.edu, pager:wymanm@pager.rice.edu