Re: [SQU] Converting time format

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 06:52:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Awie's methods are accurate, but instead of piping the
output, I tend to save the perl script, and then chmod
700 ./filename. (Awie, this is important as it sets
the executable status on the file!!). I then copy the
perl script into the folder that contains the
access.log and type the following:

./perlscript <access.log >access2.log

and then I view access2.log.

Regards,

Thomas Adam
--- Awie <awie@eksadata.com> wrote: > Hi,

> The script is pretty simple, I just created a TEXT
> file (i.e convert) in
> directory (i.e /bin) that contain line as below (1
> line) :
>
> /usr/bin/perl -pe 's/\d+/localtime $&/e;'
>
> Then I run chmod +x /bin/convert (I did not know it
> is necessary or not).
>
> After that, I went to my Squid's log directory and
> run ANY utility that able
> to view the log such as "grep" or "cat" or "vi" or
> whatever with pipe to my
> file. i.e:
>
> vi access.log | /bin/convert
>
> I got a readable format of time & date of my
> access.log.
>
> Hope it is clear enough.
>
> Thx
>
> Awie

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com