[SQU] some questions

From: gv_squid <ven_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:48:40 -0000

Hi,

what is the purpose of the following directives in the squid.conf?

1. udp-incoming address.
        As for me, we should give the local squid ip address to listen ICP- queries. If so why should we explicitly give this? If am wrong. educate me.

2. cache_mem 8 MB
        can we pose any restriction to squid process to limit the memory with in 8 MB? Squid.conf says It may exceed double or 3 times of the value we have given.

3. what is the diffrence between ipcache_size and fqdncache_size.
        My understanding is second is storing fully qualified domain names where as first stores ip addresses.

4. Please explain Debug_options

I expect the things to my favour.

Thanx
Venkatesh.