[SQU] identd question

From: Brad Waite <brad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:00:19 -0700

Hi all,

I'm running squid and squidGuard on a FreeBSD firewall in transparent proxy
mode. While ident lookups work when I'm running in non-xparent, they don't work
otherwise. The FAQ (12.39 Why doesn't Squid make ident lookups in interception
mode?) talks about interception mode, and I'm guessing it's referring to a
transparent proxy. Am I correct in assuming this?

If so, I'm not really sure why squid still can't do the identd lookups.
Couldn't one define (in the conf file) the local port to bind to and a flag for
transparent mode? Yeah it seems like a hack, but I'd rather not have to change
50 machine's proxy settings (and have to maintain 'em).

Thanks,

--
Brad Waite                  brad@ssbaptist.net
Media Director - South Sheridan Baptist Church