Re: [SQU] Exceeding the cache limits

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:49:03 -0800 (PST)

the limit is calculted by taking the average object size value in the
config file and multiply it by the number of objects... so if you crank up
the average object size to some larger value it may more closely represent
the actual average object size in your cache.

joelja

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Kareem Mahgoub wrote:

> Hi all
> >From my basic knowledge I know that the cache directory is not supposed to
> exceed the limits put in the squid.config file, yet I had a hard disk with
> 8.3 G and my cache directory was set to be 6 G and suddenly it keeps growing
> exceeding the limit.
> Any one had a clue?
> Regards,
> Kareem Mahgoub
>
> --

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E