[SQU] Tools for updating

From: Anders Berg <andersb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:45:16 +0100

Hi,

I have been using Squid a while as a HTTP Accelerator on a big newssite,
with +1000 req/sec, and it works great.
While I have been scaling the squid servers to handle the load, the backend
(main server) has not been updated that much. Now I am sorta forced to use
"ignore-reload" to keep the load down on the backend.

My question is therefor:

Is there a tool/script/way to force multiple squid's to update an element?
Lets say I have a page /css/front/front.css I know I have updated, but the
squid's are "ignore-reload"ing .css documents. I don't want to wait the
3600 sec.(worst case) its gonna take for it to refresh on the squid's. Is
there a way to force the upgrade of this element alone?

I guess It would not be that difficult to write, but has anyone already
done it?

Anders Berg
Sys.adm
www.vg.no