RE: [SQU] Tune up Squid Cache Hit

From: Stefan Berg <stefan.berg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:50:32 +0100

Hi,

You may also consider what you mean by hit rate percentage. One way of
looking at it is measuring how many percent of requests that are a HIT.
Another way is looking at percent of transferred bytes that are taken from
the cache (HIT).

Which percentage are you talking about?

Also, increasing the disk and/or memory will have different effect depending
on how full your cache normally is. You may have configured your ruleset so
that the cache _never_ fills up, and if that is the case your upgrade will
not have any effect on hitrate. However, more RAM means better performance
if you fill it up with hot cache objects.

/Stefan