Re: [SQU] Squid and FTP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:22:58 +0100

Bruno Guerreiro wrote:

> Hi, tanxs for your great aswer as always :)
> But... It seems that I may have found the problem.
> This is what I changed:
> READ_TIMEOUT 30 seconds
> PCONN_TIMEOUT 30 seconds
>
> What i'm afraid now is that if a slow connection is made to server, the
> users keep getting disconected.
> But I'll try what you said and mail you the results, ok?

This is NOT a good setup.

The pconn timeout are fine (I usually use 5 to 15 seconds), but the read
timeout MUST be large, or many requests will be prematurely aborted for
your users.

read timeout is not the cause to your problem, but by using a small read
timeout you might be able to hide the real problem.

--
Henrik Nordstorm