Re: [SQU] Authorization

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:39:56 +0100

That is another question, but this too is a possibility.

To enable "proxy" authentication in Squid when running as an
accelerator, add

#define AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION 1

to the top of src/acl.c

and then rebuild Squid (make install).

In normal operation the real server does all authentication, and Squid
MAY be allowed to cache objects as public (not requiring authentication)
even if the client request carried authorization information by the use
of the proper reply headers.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker