RE: [SQU] NTLM Error

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:40:17 +1100

We're sorry about. Really. ./configure --help is your golden reference.

The way it stands now, squid will by default build the same as 2.4
(basic authentication scheme only). The configure options allow fine
tuning of what you want to build (basic &| ntlm &| digest and helpers to
please).

The configure parameters for authentication may change in the future,
but _only_ if some other architectural change in squid occurs. The
authentication framework is now externally configurable and no user side
changes are expected.

The squid.conf may change in the future, as I think that auth_param foo
is a little ugly. One of the things I'm working on at the moment is
allowing modules (such as ntlm) to register their own squid.conf
parameters. If this goes in it will make the config file for ntlm close
to 2.4 than it is now.

> I downloaded squid-head-200102200000.tar.gz last night,
> compliled and its
> running much better than the tarball from 01/03/2001.

Is there any particular things that are better? (Just looking for
feedback).

Rob