Re: [SQU] retrieving cache metrics

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:08:30 +0100

Pranav Desai wrote:

> Hi!
> thanks
> but i need to know one more thing, say for e.g .i need
> to find the hit ratio from the src. without using the client bin
> .... so can anyone point out the functions which calculates the hit ratio
> and provides the information to the client program ...so that i can get it
> from that point ...

The client program asks Squid using HTTP. See your access.log. The
"mgr:" syntax to the client program is only a shortcut for constructing
the Squid cachemgr URLs.

As I said this information is also available via SNMP if you prefer that
method for reading the metrics.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker