RE: [SQU] Can I use a cache manager for that?

From: Martin Mielke <martinm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:18:47 +0100

> Date forwarded: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:52:42 -0700 (MST)
> From: Martin Mielke <martinm@people-com.com>
> > due to
> > security
> > reasons, we need to know whether login/passwd pairs for Yahoo!
> or
> > HoTMaiL (and the like) accounts
>

> Hi,
>
> my answer is not belong to the squid, but to security. There is
> _no_ security reason to retrieve your users' account information. It
> is violating many thing: from privacy to your site's user policy (and
> law, netiquette, user moral)
> regards,

Dear Toth,

you should not make such statements on security/moralty/whatever if you do
not know why I said the reasons that force us to look for such information.
Do not hesitate to contact me per private email if you wish me to explain
you the gory details, as I am almost sure that the list members are not
interested.

Martin