RE: [SQU] Regarding squid performance.

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:35:33 +0100

> Hi users,
>
> We are in the processes of testing squid(2.3STABLE4) using benchmarking
tool polygraph-2.5.4.

>This is what we did in our own bake-off,
>
>We fixed the maximum request per second as 25.As given in polygraph
document we spilitted the max request in to 10
(3,25,5,22,8,20,10,17,13,15).Each of these 10 test have been carried out for
a hour.

>As a result squid was not able to handle more than 17 request.
>
>The Configuration we used was,
>
>Actual memory we had 64MB (Allocated for squid 8MB )
>Total diskspace 2GB(Allocated for squid 1000MB )
>pentium II Processor
>10baseT Ethernet card
>
>No acl have been defined,All are default configuration other then the
above.
>whether we can improve the performance, with the above configuration.(ie
more then 17 request).

>Thanks for any advice.

You sure have little RAM.
In my experience, on a P3-550 with 1 Gb RAM and 35 Gb of disk cache,
squid easily maintains a real-life throughput in excess of 150 reqs/s and
200 Kbyte/sec.

--
	/kinkie