RE: [SQU] NTLM and subnets

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:25:29 +1100

We used the SAMBA library to perform the name lookups.

If you have the domain controller properly registered for NMB lookups,
you should be fine. I don't know quite what the status is in the library
with respect to WINS lookups though :]

You cannot use the IP address - the SMB packets need the server name,
but registering the server name in /etc/hosts might work.

Rob