[SQU] cache authentication

From: M. Yu <myu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:03:26 +0800

Hello all,

We're an ISP and we are preparing 2 Squid boxes. One is for use by kids and
has filters in place and another one for everyone else. What we want to do
is point everyone to the cache with the filters. Adults would be given a
login name and password and if authenticated they will be redirected to the
other cache without filters.

Also, we'd like all of our users' cache (Squid boxes too) to authenticate
themselves before being granted access to our cache.

I've read the User Guide and I think I'm supposed to use the login parameter
to cache_peer and example 8-3 in the guide gives me an idea but can someone
help me get all these working together?

As I understand it the login parameter sends a login and password string
from the child cache to the parent but in my case, I'm the parent cache, how
do I ask for a login?

Is what I'm thinking of doing even possible?

TIA,

M. Yu