[SQU] running out of redirectors during log rotation

From: Hans Juergen von Lengerke <lengerkeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:40:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I've searched the archives but couldn't find anything on this. If this
has been asked before please forgive me.

I have a reverse accelerator set up to serve a couple of sites with up
to 250'000 hits per hour. For this, I have set up 20 redirector
processes which seems to be OK for normal operations. However,
sometimes, when the squid logs are rotated (scheduled once an hour)
squid runs out of redirector processes.

My question is simple: will increasing the number of redirectors solve
this problem? I can't just try this because I'd need more RAM to
actually increase the redirectors so I thought I'd better ask before
doing that.

Regards,
Hans