[SQU] Setting up NTLM as a domain authenticator transparently?

From: <Adam.Shields@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:23:30 -0500

I got the cache up and running, it's beautiful, what's on my mind now, is
weather or not squid can act as a truly transparent NTLM authenticator, we
got it working in the past to do NTLM auth, but it popped up a username and
password box, is there a helper out there that will take the hash and verify
it against the domain controller? If so, what is it and how do I go about
setting it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.
        Adam Shields