[SQU] Transparent squid says invalid URL

From: Dutch McElvy <dutch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 13:39:15 -0500

Hi Group,

I have pmfirewall, pppd demand dialing, masq, and squid proxy all working
great on my linux box.
My newest project is to set up transparent proxy with this setup.

When I put the following ipchains rule, the specific ip address gets
redirected to squid but squid then returns an error that the URL is invalid.
Squid works fine when browser specified.

Any ideas what may be causing the error? Note I only want to redirect
specific ip addresses to the proxy. Squid is looking at port 8080

$IPCHAINS -A input -p TCP -s 192.168.0.3/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 80 -j REDIRECT 8080

Thanks for any suggestions.