Re: [SQU] current CVS ... diskd config args changed ...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 01:33:58 +0100

aufs has a higher level of parallellism than diskd, and can be tuned for
more if wanted (defaults to up to 16 parallell I/O operations per
cache_dir). In theory it should also have less CPU per IO overhead than
diskd, but there are much room for improvement there once the Squid core
is more suited for asyncronous stores..

So for diskd your reasoning makes sense, but not for aufs.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker