[SQU] cache_peer question

From: Adrian Bolzan <Adrian.Bolzan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:50:38 +1000

hello,

We have squid2.3 locally and connect to one parent cache at our ISP.
I would like to get as many hits as possible from my parent cache if my local squid
proxy does not have the requesteed page.

I am not as concerned by response times, just hits in the parent cache as ISP
charges less if the page comes from their cache.

Which of these tqo settings (below) will do that?
and when we only have obe parent cache is there any end-difference between them ?

'cache_peer proxy.cache.telstra.net parent 3128 3130'

and

'cache_peer proxy.cache.telstra.net parent 3128 0 no-query'
'prefer_direct off'

Thanks,

adrian

Dr Adrian Bolzan
Systems Administrator
The Australian Outback Travel Group
Level 8, 420 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, Victoria 3004, AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 3 98677233
Fax: +61 3 98677244

Winner - 1999 Australian Export Awards
Winner - 1999 Governor of Victoria Export Awards