[squid-users] Squid IP Presentation

From: Michael Baird <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:40:00 -0500

I've looked through the mailing list and see several references from
user's, wondering how to get squid to present the cache client's IP
rather then the IP of the Squid machine it's running on. I've seen
Henrik report it's possible (Cisco Cache's for example, present the
client's IP, as do most caching software I've seen), does anybody have
any further information on how to make this work, currently this is the
only downside involved with using the squid cache. Websites, sometimes
don't like it when suddenly when going to an SSL page the IP of the
client changes, and also multiple users on the same sites and such, the
way I see it, pretty much the entire problem with running the squid
cache is related to this one thing. I'm looking for someone who's made
this work, I'm using linux2.4/IPtables/Squid2.4PreStable2, and some kind
examples of the implementation would be nice too.

Regards
MIKE